Saturday 10 December 2011

New to linux, installed slackware, can't access NTFS partition as user

New to linux, installed slackware, can't access NTFS partition as user

I'm new to linux, this is the first time I've ever used linux, and I've got slackware up and running, I had to install WICD and get the broadcom firmware, installed flash 11, but now I can't access the NTFS partition that I backed up all my data on as a user, but when I log in as root I can access it. I get the following error:
Code:

An error occurred while accessing '368.1 GiB Hard Drive'. the system responded: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.28" (uid=1000 pid=4227 comm="kdeinit4: dolphin [kdeinit] -icon system-file-mana") interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member="Mount" error name'"(unset)" requested reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Hal" (uid=0 pid=1727 comm="/usr/sbin/hald))
Can anyone help me with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment