Friday 16 December 2011

Windows and Linux Dual Boot Virtual Machine Netflix

Windows and Linux Dual Boot Virtual Machine Netflix

Hi guys,

Could not think of a better name for the title; sorry. Here's my story: I currently have Windows Vista Business and Linux Mint dual booting. I hate logging into Windows, and there's only two reasons I do so anymore: One is for a Windows-only store manager tool I use, and I'm considering trying that through Wine. The other reason is Netflix. I'd love to be able to stay on the Linux side and watch Netflix. One solution I heard was that people use a Virtual Machine and install Windows inside that. My version of Windows, however, didn't come with a CD (isn't that GREAT? You have to call and ask for it to be sent). Anyway, I'm basically wondering if there is any way to access and run Windows while already booted into Linux? I could provide a bunch of version and drive info for you, but I really don't know if that will mean anything to this question. It's probably not possible, but I'm just wondering what solution there could be without having to log into Windows to watc! h Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment