Friday 9 December 2011

evolution - import sbd folder (used in former evolution version)

evolution - import sbd folder (used in former evolution version)

I changed from Ubuntu 10.10 to Linux Mint 12. In my home from Ubuntu directory I find my emails in ".evolution/...". In Linux Mint 12 the directory for the evolution mail is in ".local/share/evolution/...". But just copying won't work ...

As I found out the structure of storing the mails has changed. My old emails are in sbd directories and in single big files with no extension (mbox format?!?). But the new structure seems to have hidden (non sbd) directories with sub directories "new", "tmp" and "cur". In there I find single files ...

So now I have a sbd directory with all my old mails and can not access them.

Is there any way to import this directories/files (and sub directories) to the new structure/version of evolution?

thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment