Sunday 18 December 2011

Files randomly and without warning disappearing?

Files randomly and without warning disappearing?

Hi,

I am running a Minecraft server on a fork of TinyCoreLinux, called MineOS+, on a dedicated machine. Recently I have noticed that I am missing 30+ plugin .jar's (mods for Minecraft), and their respective configuration folders (40+ separate files). These seem to be disappearing completely randomly as I still have around 11 plugins and their configs on my server, and there is no pattern to which files have disappeared. I would prefer to be able to recover rather than replace these files as it took MONTHS to set them up. No, I do not have backups of them.

The problem is, I have absolutely no idea as to what is causing these files to vanish. I have ruled out an attack on my server, as I uploaded a few files to the directory Friday night, and Saturday night they were gone; during this time, the server had no access to the internet due to issues with Static IP.

I have been struggling with this problem all day yesterday to no avail. Has anybody seen this type of issue before, or have any theories on what has happened to these files? And remember, I want to recover these files, if possible, so please do not blow me off and tell me to get a new HDD.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment