Saturday 17 December 2011

How do I install Firefox and Thunderbird with knoppix

How do I install Firefox and Thunderbird with knoppix

I've created a USB boot drive from the knoppix 6.7.1 DVD and the interface seems to run fine with all three of my PCs.

However, despite effort, research and help from others, I've not been able to install the standard Firefox and Thunderbird packages under knoppix. I'm not talking about Iceweasel or IceDove, but standard FF & TB. I've also not tried the .tar method yet, but I'm concerned that not all required libraries may be present.

I'm a linux beginner, but aren't there some sudo commands that would install Firefox and Thunderbird? Seemed to work for KeepNote and SpiderOak backup.

Here is the discussion thread on the knoppix forum where I've been floundering around. Maybe I'm not asking the right question?

I guess I can't post the link, but it is one of the first posts on the knoppix forum / beginners section

I'm looking at knoppix because while I like ubuntu and ubuntu 11.04 runs on my laptop and desktop, 11.10 only runs on my laptop, but not on my desktop. So thought I'd try knoppix.

Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment