Monday 5 December 2011

an interesting WIFI setup question...

an interesting WIFI setup question...

I have a thread here that I'm trying to set up on my desktop a new Debian GNU linux install that boots from HDD however I ALSO have a fairly similar version of Debian GNU (TAILS) that runs solely off a disk or a flash drive... it's my understanding that this version is designed to allow me to run linux on just about any machine out there AND connect to the internet... so here's the question.

IF I can use this disk on the desktop and it connects to the WIFI/internet just fine... how do I tell the linux on the HDD to just use the same setup that the Disk is using???

now I don't know if it works on the Desktop as I have not burnt the image to a disk and the desktop wont boot from a USB HDD THUS I haven't tried it but...

Does this sound like a feasible solution to the "noob can't connect to the internets" problem I seem to be having???

I started this thread not because I'm impatient but more like I'm just trying to think of some more innovative solutions to the problem. also even tho it's WAY over my head and I KNOW it's way over my head... I will still appreciate knowing just what sort of bounderies can be pushed with Linux.

aside from that it may be interesting to know if...

since i have heard of dual booting (if I understand correctly) running 2 OS simultainiously... maybe this can be done to make it easier for the non internet seeing OS to be taught how to see the internet...

Just tossing out ideas since I really don't know what CAN and cant be done here...

let me know what you all think.

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment