Saturday 17 December 2011

Linux Mint DISK BOOT FAILURE after install

Linux Mint DISK BOOT FAILURE after install

So, this is my first attempt at a Linux install.....
-Formated the drive using XP Recovery option
-Donloaded and burned Mint .iso image to dvd on another computer.
- Had issues getting it to load, which apparantly is an Nvidia driver issue.
- Used "e" to get into setup options. Nut sure if this is the GRUB menu. Added i915.modeset=0 xforcevesa to the line under setup.

Setup seemed to go fine. Loaded files and ran through all the prompts. When the files are done loading, my monitor goes black with the red indicator light blinking like there is no signal.

When I try to boot up from HDD, I get DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK..... ect.

I have made sure that the drive priority is set correctly, and is being recognized.
I tried to re-run the install, however Mint setup says that it is already installed on that directory.

I know the drive works, as I just had XP installed on it earlier.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment