Tuesday 6 December 2011

Linux on Mac

Linux on Mac

I have MacBook Pro with Intel processor. I am trying to run here Red Hat as an alternative to Mac OSX. I already installed Windows OS in Parallels Desktop. After downloading Red Hat iso files (3 files), I tried to install from ISO in Parallels, however I get message

"No boot device available"

Did I downloaded proper distribution? (Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS (v. 3 for x86).)

Should I merge those 3 ISO files, or I just need to burn all 3 discs and install from disk? (is it even possible to "merge"? I am a bit out of civilization for a week and I have just one empty CD here, so I try to avoid burning and install from ISO, which should be possible from Parallels)

Is there any other trick in Linux, which I missed? I never installed Linux before, only MacOSX and WindowsOS.

Thanks for any hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment