Saturday 17 December 2011

Umax 1220P scanner not detected

Umax 1220P scanner not detected

I am trying to get my scanner to work in what is basically a customised Slackware installation. The scanner worked under Debian Wheezy (kernel 3.0, sane 1.0.14).

I am now using a 2.6.37 kernel and sane 1.0.22. My parallel port is set to EPP (which is what this particular backend requires) and is correctly identified by the kernel:
parport0: PC-style at 0x378, irq 7 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
The parport and ppdev modules are loaded automatically.

Here are the relevant kernel configuration flags:

CONFIG_PARPORT=m
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m
# CONFIG_PARPORT_SERIAL is not set
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_FIFO=y
CONFIG_PARPORT_PC_SUPERIO=y
# CONFIG_PARPORT_GSC is not set
# CONFIG_PARPORT_AX88796 is not set
CONFIG_PARPORT_1284=y
CONFIG_PNP=y
CONFIG_PNP_DEBUG_MESSAGES=y

When I run scanimage -L as root with SANE_DEBUG_UMAX_PP set to 5 and SANE_DEBUG_UMAX_PP_LOW at 255, I get the attached error log.

Can anyone guide me as to what to do next?
Attached Files

No comments:

Post a Comment