Friday 16 December 2011

Problem with startx on Arch Linux system.

Problem with startx on Arch Linux system.

I followed all the instructions on the xorg arch wiki page, but when i try to start x with the startx command, it gives me a black screen, and i have to force shutdown my mac. The wiki says that if there is an empty .xinitrc file in the home directory it will display a blank screen, but I dont have one. I checked the Log file, and these are the errors i got. I have installed drivers for nvidia using pacman .

2327.275 Failed to load module "nouveau" (module does not exist, 0)


2327.276 failed to load module "nvidia"(moidule does not exist, 0)


2327.281 NV: The PCI device 0x10de0863 (Geforce 9400M) at 02(AT*)00:00:0 has a kernel module claiming it.
2327.281 NV: This driver cannot operate until it has been unloaded.

*I cant type an "at" sign, so yea.

No comments:

Post a Comment